Marin County Foster Youth Services Coordinating Program (FYSCP)
The goals of the countywide Foster Youth Services Coordinating Program (FYSCP) are to support collaboration and interagency coordination of services among local child welfare offices, community agencies, school districts, students, and families.
The FYSCP program aims to:
- ensure positive educational outcomes,
- provide access to resources and support,
- improve graduation rates,
- enhance school attendance, and
- promote school stability for children and youth in foster care in Marin County.
The FYSCP Program provides:
- Countywide support, outreach, and resources to districts, schools, county agencies, and community-based organizations around the identification of needs and services for Marin County youth in foster care.
- Technical assistance and support to local school districts related to foster youth services, including questions about enrollment, transportation, and resources to support the successful implementation of their programs.
- Local administration of the Foster Focus database for the purposes of student identification and enrollment tracking.
- Targeted professional development in the areas of anti-bias, anti-racism, social-emotional well-being, and trauma-informed practices.
- Intervention support for students in the form of one-on-one academic support tutoring and social-emotional learning to improve academic achievement, mental wellness, and classroom engagement.
- Intentional opportunities for collaboration through our quarterly Executive Advisory Council meetings with county agencies, community partners, and school district liaisons to ensure the provision of quality and timely services that support educational stability.
Executive Advisory Council Meeting Dates
FYSCP & Homeless Education
Thursdays, 3:30 PM -5:00 PM
- September 28, 2023
- November 30, 2023
- February 29, 2024
- May 23, 2024
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 255 817 4669