District Business Services
District Business Services provides payroll services, advisory services and fiscal oversight to the 17 school districts in Marin County. These services include guidance and support with financial reporting, budget development and accounting.
AB1200 fiscal oversight responsibilities and compliance reviews are performed four (4) times annually for each school district in the county. In some situations, the District Business Services staff provides intervention to districts and prepares in-depth analysis and recommended strategies for any necessary corrective measures. In addition, several small school districts in the County.
Marin COE District Services Portal
Marin County Schools Parcel Tax At Work
Bond Financing Best Practices
District Payroll Services
District Payroll Services provides service, support and assistance to 18 school districts in Marin County. In addition, this team processes over 51,000 warrants and over 5,700 W-2s annually and maintains the payroll clearing account.
The District Payroll Team serves as the liaison and reporting agent for the following items:
- Federal and State Taxes Payment/Reporting
- Process payment for Worker’s Compensation
- State Teachers’ and Public Employees’ Retirement Systems report processing
- Wage Garnishments (IRS Levy, Franchise Tax Board, Child Support, etc.)
- Payroll Processing Calendar
- Direct Deposit Processing (ACH)
- Process and distribution of Payroll Warrants, Payroll Reports
- Affidavits/Petition for Lost Payroll / Vendor Warrants