The Marin Quality Counts Academic Award program is designed to increase the retention and academic preparedness of early childhood educators working in early care and education programs in Marin County. Participants are awarded stipends in recognition of advancement toward higher education degrees and child development permits. The program supports development and leadership skills of the early childhood education workforce, in order to maintain high quality programs.
Academic stipends are available to:
- Early Care and Education staff that are employed in an eligible program* participating in Marin Quality Counts.
- Eligible Early Care and Education staff (see above) that are working towards attainment of a CA Child Development Teacher Permit and/or an AA or BA Degree in ECE or Child Development.
* Eligible Marin Quality Counts Early Care and Education Programs include: Head Start, Early Head Start, Title 5, Family Child Care Education Network Providers, and sites that receive Alternative Payment Program or CalWorks vouchers/funding.
Academic Award Requirements (coming soon)
Online Application Link (coming soon)
Required Paperwork (coming soon)
- MQC Academic Award Eligibility Form
- W9 Form
- Student Education Plan and Goals Form
- Current Transcripts