The Teaching Pyramid approach provides a systematic framework that promotes social and emotional development, provides supports for children’s appropriate behavior, prevents challenging behavior, and addresses problematic behavior.
Teaching Pyramid is an evidence-based practice, authorized by California Department of Education, and aligned with California’s Early Learning and Development System.
Classroom Teaching Teams & Leaders 8:30am-4:00pm
- September 13, 2019
- October 25, 2019
- December 13, 2019
- January 24, 2020
- March 6, 2020
- September 14, 2019
- October 26, 2019
- December 14, 2019
- January 25, 2020
- March 7, 2020
Leadership Teams (Thursdays) 8:30am - 12:30pm (New & Returning Teaching Pyramid Leadership Teams)
- September 12, 2019
- October 24, 2019
- December 5, 2019
- January 23, 2020
- March 5, 2020
- April 2, 2020
Saturday participants are eligible for professional development stipends.
Teaching Pyramid Framework Guidelines
- Leadership teams include Principals, Executive Directors, Program Directors, Site Supervisors, Supervisors, Family Advocates, Mental Health Consultants; anyone in positions to support implementation and adaptations of policies and procedures
- Leadership teams attend the Leadership Team meetings on Thursdays, as well as the all-day modules with their classroom staff on Fridays or Saturdays.
- Participants are employed in schools or programs in the PreK-3 Initiative or Marin Quality Counts. Preschool, Early Intervention, Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, or First grade.
- Classroom teams include all teaching staff or volunteers who work in the classroom. This includes lead teachers, teachers, associate teachers, aides, site assistants and paraeducators.
- Classroom teams attend and commit to either Fridays or Saturdays. It is recommended that all team members attend the same training sessions.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT STIPENDS
- Saturday participants are eligible for stipends per the terms of the Participation Application and Agreement, the approved Teaching Pyramid Stipend Application. For more information regarding stipend application please contact Tanya Myers, firstname.lastname@example.org.