Health, Safety and Support
The Marin County Office of Education Safe Schools and Prevention Programs are designed to support safe learning environments through activities to: reduce school violence; prevent alcohol, tobacco and drug abuse; provide gang awareness and prevention training; supply emergency preparedness workshops and resources; promote the safe and appropriate use of technology and offer parents and students with information to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Safe Schools trainings and events are provided for parents and guardians in Marin County. Resources and strategies in the Safe Schools program include:
- Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers
- School Law Enforcement Partnership
- Emergency Services
- Social Host Ordinance Information (English & Español)
- Tobacco Use Prevention Education (TUPE)
- Matrix - Special Needs and Risk for Substance Abuse
- Comprehensive Suicide Prevention Toolkit for Schools
This toolkit, based on numerous national and state prevention toolkits, focuses on real-life application and was compiled for the Palo Alto Unified School District's Board Policy for suicide prevention.
Marin County Office of Education School Safety Plan, February 8, 2022
Marin County Office of Education School Safety Plan, February 9, 2021
Senior Deputy Superintendent