- Credential information for those prepared in California
- Credential information for those wanting to transfer a credential, or license, from out of state or out of country
- Credential information for those with private school teaching experience
- Application assistance with Child Development Permits
- English Language Learner authorization information
New Substitute Registration Page
- Legal Compliance
- Temporary County Certificates
- District & Teacher Assistance
- Certificated Assignment Monitoring & Reporting
- Deciles 1, 2, 3 ELLA Review
- Districts’ Payroll Processing Support
I offer weekly drop-in meetings on:
- Monday 3:30p.m. - 5:00p.m. (zoom)
- Tuesday 10:00a.m. - 1:00p.m. (in-person)
- Wednesday 4:00p.m. - 5:00p.m. (in-person)
- Thursday 10:00a.m. - 1:00p.m. (in-person)
- 6/5 - Cancelled
- 6/19 - Cancelled (Juneteenth)
These meetings are on a first-come, first-serve basis. They exclude holidays and other events.
Credential Validation and Registration
The Commission on Teacher Credentialing has made information available to provide immediate access to credential information. The credential information serves as the official record of certification. Changes, updates, and/or corrections made to records may take up to 2-4 weeks to be reflected on the website database.
All persons hired by Marin County public school districts for positions requiring administrative, teaching, service, and special education credentials, as well as other permits and certificates must register their authorizing documents with their employing school district. The districts notify the Credentials Analyst of all new hires.
MCOE Credentials Department
The Marin County Office of Education (MCOE) Credentials Analyst serves as a liaison between the County public schools and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), which is the autonomous state standards board for the state of California and issues California credentials.
One of the Commission’s responsibilities is to ensure appropriate assignment of teaching and non-teaching certificated staff. The Credentials Department supports and assists school districts, certificated employees and credential applicants in the following:
Amy Ridings, Credentials Analyst
- Credentials: 415.491.6686
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 415.491.6625 (Include: "Attn: Amy Ridings" or "Credentials Analyst")
Marin County Office of Education
1111 Las Gallinas Avenue
P.O. Box 4925
San Rafael, CA 94913-4925
When mailing information, include "Attn: Amy Ridings" or "Credentials Analyst".
From Highway 101, take the Terra Linda/Freitas Parkway exit. Drive West on Freitas Parkway. At the third stoplight (Safeway is on the left) turn right on Las Gallinas Avenue. Go two blocks to the first stop sign and proceed through the intersection. The Marin County Office of Education is on the left.