Requirements to Re-register on the Countywide Substitute List
On behalf of our students and teachers, thank you for your interest in reactivating on the Countywide Substitute list.
To reactivate on the countywide substitute list, the requirements will include items from the below list. The reactivation requirements are based on when you were deactivated from the countywide substitute list.
- Hold a valid, non-expired California teaching credential or substitute permit.
- Re-registration form (Mandatory)
- Training(s) – Call or email to reactivate your profile in the Keenan system. Please do not create a second profile.
- Mandated Reporter Training (this is a yearly requirement based on the school year, not calendar year)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (this is a bi-yearly requirement)
There are three options for delivering the above documents:
- Mail: P.O. Box 4925, San Rafael, 94913 (Please include "Attn: Amy Ridings" or Attn: Credentials Analyst" on the envelope).
- In-person delivery: Monday - Friday from 7:30a.m. - 4:30p.m. at 1111 Las Gallinas Ave., San Rafael. There is a locked inbox outside my office door.
- Attend a substitute meeting (see information below).
Available Substitute Meetings:
Substitute meetings provide reactivating substitutes the opportunity to learn about their re-registration requirements and ask questions. This is optional.
I offer weekly drop-in meetings and make sure to check the revised schedule below:
- Monday 11:30a.m. - 1:00p.m. (in-person) and 3:30p.m. and 5:00p.m. (zoom)
- Tuesday 10:00a.m. - 1:00p.m. (in-person)
- Thursday 11:30a.m. - 1:00p.m. (in-person) and 4:00p.m. and 5:00p.m. (zoom)
- 9/21 - Office hours are 12 - 1 on zoom.
These meetings are on a first-come, first-serve basis. They exclude holidays and other events.