Rules and Regulations
BOARD RULES AND REGULATIONS
SUPERINTENDENT’S ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES
- POLICIES adopted by the Marin County Board of Education. POLICIES declare the intent of the Board, are regulatory and have the force of law.
- RULES AND REGULATIONS adopted by the Marin County Board of Education. RULES AND REGULATIONS are procedures which, in most cases, apply to the appellate functions of the Board.
- ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES developed by the Superintendent. ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES are step-by-step plans to carry out the intent of the Board.
POLICIES and RULES AND REGULATIONS are added, deleted or revised as required by State of Federal statute, case law or changes in the programs or services provided by the Marin County Office of Education. When the need arises to develop or revise POLICIES and/or RULES AND REGULATIONS, the process is as follows:
1) Drafted by the Superintendent.
2) Reviewed and approved by Cabinet.
3) Reviewed for comment and negotiation of impact, if appropriate, with CSEA, MAPE and/or MCEA.
4) Reviewed and approved as to form by County Counsel.
5) Submitted to the Marin County Board of Education for first reading.
6) Submitted to the Marin County Board of Education for second reading and adoption.
7) Distributed to holders of Board Policy binders and, as appropriate, to affected persons and/or organizations.
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES are developed, deleted or revised by the Superintendent and distributed as in 7 above.
BOARD POLICIES THAT REQUIRE ANNUAL REVIEW
4131 Complaints Concerning School Personnel
4221 Staff Development for Probationary Certificated Personnel
4420 Administrator Competence in Evaluation
4531.4 Retired Employee Medical Coverage (Confidential/Classified Management)
BOARD POLICIES THAT REQUIRE ANNUAL DESIGNATION OF EMPLOYEES
4223 Professional Growth Advisors
BOARD POLICIES THAT REQUIRE DESIGNATION OF NEW EMPLOYEES
4420 Qualified Evaluators
There are currently no active announcements.