Health Connected is a leading provider of comprehensive sexuality education for the Bay Area. Their 2018 curricula has been updated to be more inclusive of diverse identities. The trainings they offer are in compliance with the California Healthy Youth Act for sexual health education. Click here for more information.
DR. KENNETH HARDY OCTOBER 2018 SPEAKER SERIES
- October 3, 2018 - Understanding Vicarious Trauma and Its Impact on the Clinical Process and the Professional - Marin Center - Manzanita Room, San Rafael: Registration for the Understanding Vicarious Trauma and Its Impact on the Clinical Process and the Professional event can be found at the Marin Health and Human Services website.
- October 4, 2018 - Race and Intergenerational/Historical Trauma - Marin Health and Welness Center, San Rafael: Registration for the Race and Intergenerational/Historical Trauma event can be found at the Marin Health and Human Services website.
- October 17, 2018 - Promoting Cultural Sensitivity in Supervision - Marin County Office of Education, San Rafael: Registration for the Promoting Cultural Sensitivity in Supervision event can be found at the Marin Health and Human Services website.
- October 18, 2018 - Tips and Tools for Talking About Race: The VCR and PAST Models - St. Vincent's School for Boys Auditorium, San Rafael: Registration for the Tips and Tools for Talking About Race: The VCR and PAST Models event can be found at the Marin Health and Human Services website.
Last spring, Dr. Hardy led an all-day free training in Marin City, CA on the subject of race which received rave reviews from a diverse group of behavioral healthcare professionals, civic, organizational and community leaders, and county residents. Please forward this information to your staffs as appropriate; register early as registration is on a first-come basis until capacity is reached.
PURE EDGE BRAIN BREAKS - October 16, 2018 (Pure Edge sessions can be scheduled for individual school sites upon request)
Work environments can be more effective when staff members learn strategies to help combat stress and develop social, emotional, and academic learning competencies. In this workshop, flyer attached, participants will:
- Learn about stress and how it affects their bodies and nervous systems
- Discuss the importance of self-care in managing stress
- Learn tools for promoting well being
In this coaching participants will learn how to:
- create a school culture of belonging
- use the brain and heart based strategies to de-escalate behaviors in the classroom
- develop classrooms of connection rather than merely rapport
- increase academic achievement for lowest-achieving students
- listen compassionately to students without feeling like you have to be a counselor
- save lives by becoming a hidden student trauma detective