Health and Wellness
This workshop is designed for Educators grades 3-12, Administrators, and Counseling/Wellness Staff - click link in title above for registration and course details. In this course, participants learn to:
- Create a school culture of belonging
- Use brain and heart based strategies to de-escalate behaviors in the classroom
- Develop classrooms of connection
- Increase academic achievement for lowest-achieving students
- Listen compassionately to students
This course provides participants information on what they need to know to help an adolescent (age 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addiction challenge or is in crisis. Topics include anxiety, depression, substance use, disorders in which psychosis may occur, disruptive behavior disorders (including AD/HD), and eating disorders. This free course is open to all including first responders, students and teachers, leaders of faith communities, service providers, parents, and caring citizens. Course will be held at the Marin County Office of Education on December 17, 2018.