Health & Wellness
Below are resources for the new immunization requirements, effective July 1, 2019, and for School Disease Exposure Notices. The State is continuing to update school immunization materials and website for new regulations. In short, starting in July, 2019, students admitted at TK/K-12 need:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td) — 5 doses (4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday. 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 7th birthday.) For 7th-12th graders, at least 1 dose of pertussis-containing vaccine is required on or after 7th birthday.
- Polio (OPV or IPV) — 4 doses (3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Hepatitis B — 3 doses (not required for 7th grade entry)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) — 2 doses (Both given on or after 1st birthday)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses
New to ShotsForSchool:
- Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry | Spanish
- Updated pages for K-12 | Spanish
- Updated pages for 7th Grade | Spanish
- Frequently Asked Questions
In the Works:
- Blue Cards: The new California School Immunization Record (Blue Card) is available on the ShotsForSchool website with fillable fields.