Early Childhood Education
The Marin County Office of Education Early Childhood Education Department presents two WestEd Teaching Pyramid Framework workshops:
- Leadership Teams - workshops remaining in this series will be held May 10, and May 31, 2019
- Leadership Teams and Staff (Spanish translation available) - remaining workshop in this series will be held May 11, 2019
- Children understand that they have agency in their gender identity and expression, in daily life as well as in play.
- Children feel supported in their school environments to explore and express their gender(s).
- Children validate and support other people's gender expressions and identities, including using requested names and pronouns.
- Friendship, play, and social interaction amongst children of different genders is part of the classroom culture.
- Children participate in a wide variety of activities necessary for their full cognitive and social-emotional development.
- Children recognize gender bias and stereotypes in the classroom and in the world, and understand that they hurt people.
- Children respond to gender bias in supportive, constructive ways, and seek to right wrongs.
The Marin County Office of Education Early Childhood Education Department presents two Equity, Social Justice, and Anti-Bias workshop series:
- The remaining Saturday Workshop (Spanish translation available) in this series will be May 18, 2019
- The remaining Affinity Group Workshops in this series will be held May 22, 2019