Early Childhood Education
Teaching Pyramid Framework - May 10th, 11th, and 31st, 2019
The Marin County Office of Education Early Childhood Education Department presents two WestEd Teaching Pyramid Framework workshops:
- Leadership Teams - workshops remaining in this series will be held May 10, and May 31, 2019
- Leadership Teams and Staff (Spanish translation available) - remaining workshop in this series will be held May 11, 2019
Learning About Gender Identity and Fairness - May 17, 2019
- Children understand that they have agency in their gender identity and expression, in daily life as well as in play.
- Children feel supported in their school environments to explore and express their gender(s).
- Children validate and support other people's gender expressions and identities, including using requested names and pronouns.
- Friendship, play, and social interaction amongst children of different genders is part of the classroom culture.
- Children participate in a wide variety of activities necessary for their full cognitive and social-emotional development.
- Children recognize gender bias and stereotypes in the classroom and in the world, and understand that they hurt people.
- Children respond to gender bias in supportive, constructive ways, and seek to right wrongs.
Equity, Social Justice, and Anti-Bias Affinity Group Workshop - May 18th and 22nd, 2019
The Marin County Office of Education Early Childhood Education Department presents two Equity, Social Justice, and Anti-Bias workshop series:
- The remaining Saturday Workshop (Spanish translation available) in this series will be May 18, 2019
- The remaining Affinity Group Workshops in this series will be held May 22, 2019