Marin Quality Counts is a collaborative initiative promoting excellence in early care and education for programs, providers and families. Our work includes the Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS) for Marin County.
What is the Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS)?
QRIS is a voluntary program focused on providing information, resources and support to early care and education programs and providers serving children, birth through age five. Our goal is to enhance the quality of early learning programs and recognize the valuable work that is being done in our county. Information, resouces and support are provided in the following areas:
- Child Development and School Readiness
- Social Emotional Development
- Health, Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Effective Teacher-Child Interactions
- Professional Development
- Program Administration
- Family Engagement
Who is eligible to participate in Marin Quality Counts?
- Private Center-based Programs
- Family Child Care Homes & Providers
- Early Head Start and Head Start
- State-funded Preschools and Child Care Programs
- License Exempt Programs
- Early Intervention and Special Education programs serving children birth to age five
- Eligible Alternative Sites serving young children
What does participation involve?
Your program decides their level of commitment.*
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT LEVEL PARTICIPATION
- All staff in participating programs have access to free ECE professional development at Marin County Office of Education & Marin Child Care Council.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND COACHING LEVEL PARTICIPATION
- All staff & providers in participating programs have access to free ECE professional development at Marin County Office of Education & Marin Child Care Council.
- All staff & providers in participating programs have access to stipends and incentives to support quality improvement & professional and academic growth.**
- Participating sites, on request, may receive Technical Assistance to create & implement Quality Action Plan (Up to 10 hours per program year).**
- Participating sites, on request, may receive informal self-assessment using CLASS and ERS tools to inform Quality Action Plans.
- QUALITY RATING IMPROVEMENT SYSTEM LEVEL PARTICIPATION (QRIS)
- Participating sites, on request, may recieve Quality Coaching support and technical assistance to support and implement Quality Action Plan (Up to 20 hours per program year).**
- CLASS and ERS assessments to inform Quality Action Plan and QRIS Rating.
- Formal Assessment (QRIS Rating).
- Recognition and Awards.
*Step Three Level Participation is the required entry point for California State Preschool Programs
**Amount is based on availability of sufficient funds
How do Programs apply to participate in Marin Quality Counts?
- Click here to view the Program Application, review the Program Guidelines and access the Online Application Portal.
- For questions, please contact:
Tanya Myers, Marin County Office of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jody Stamps, Marin Child Care Council at email@example.com