Early Childhood Education
Presenters Encian Pastel and Mitali Purkayastha will discuss gender diversity in early childhood education including their "Goals for Children":
- Children, regardless of gender, will participate in a wide range of activities necessary for their full cognitive and social-emotional development
- Children will demonstrate positive feelings about their gender identity and develop clarity about the relationship between their anatomy and their gender role
- Children will talk about and show respect for the great diversity in appearance, emotional expressiveness, behavior, and gender roles for both boys and girls
- Children will recognize unfair or untrue messages (including invisibility) about gender roles
- Children will practice skills for supporting gender role diversity in their interactions with peers
Integrating Math with Music, Dance, and Movement. Join this joyful, informative standards-based workshop. This interactive learning experience will help participants understand and identify movement activities to help meet children's needs and program goals.
"The Gifts They Bring" - Supporting inclusive practices in Early Childhood Education Programs. .5 academic unit of credit in Early Childhood Education is available through the College of Marin for participation. Click here to register for the workshop..
The Marin County Office of Education Early Childhood Education Department is hosting the Teaching Pyramid Framework workshops. The Teaching Pyramid Framework is founded on evidence-based practice originally developed by the CSEFEL, authorized by the California Department of Education, and aligned with California's Early Learning and Development System. For the last workshops in the series, the Leadership Team will meet on March 5th and April 2nd, and the PreK Early Intervention TK-1st grade will meet on March 6th and March 7th. Click here to register for the workshop.