Focusing on Sustainability! There are two STEAM Showcase events coming up.
- March 2 to March 5: Secondary STEAM Showcase Grades 6 through 12 - held at The Bay Model
- March 31 to April 2: Elementary STEAM Showcase Grades K through 5 - held at the Marin County Office of Education
The Community Institute for Psychotherapy and the Marin County Office of Education offers this free informative education series.
- March 3, 2020 - Teenage Substance Abuse and Addiction: Approaches for Parents
- March 17, 2020 - Slaying the Beast: A Practical Guide for Parents on the Dangers of Technology Overuse and Obsession
- March 24, 2020 - Helping When Your Child is Hurting: What Every Parent Needs to Know to Prevent Adolescent Self-Harm and Suicide
Work environments become more effective when staff learn strategies to help combat stress and develop social, emotional, and academic learning competencies. Simple and effective strategies will be demonstrated to alleviate stress and to calm over-stimulated minds. Click here to register for the workshop.
This two-hour session will show you how to prepare for an active shooter or active killer emergency and increase your understanding about what to expect before, during and after the event. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Click here to register for the workshop.
Beyond Diversity is a powerful, personally transforming, two-day seminar that helps leaders, employees, and organizations understand the impact of race on their lives and their work. Call Marin County Office of Education, Education Services at 415-499-5870 to register.
This professional development series is designed for Paraeducators supporting students in Special Education. There are two sessions offered each day: AM session 8:30am-11:00am or PM session 12:30pm-3:00pm. For more information and registration, contact MCOE Education Services 415-499-5891.
- March 18, 2020 - Evidence Based Practices - EBP for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- April 15, 2020 - Motor/Sensory Development 101 - Gross/Fine Motor Development Milestones
"Stop Cyberbullying and Navigating the Social Media Landscape" is a workshop that specifically targets students in grades 6-12.
- Learn how to Bully Proof your children on their phone, tablet, and computer.
- Navigate the ever changing social media landscape as responsible digital citizens.
All are welcome. Please call 415-499-5870 to register or click here to visit the Eventbrite website to register.
An evening with local colleges and universities for all considering a career in teaching or education. Click here to register for the workshop.
This is the third workshop in a 3-workshop series focusing on the essential foundations to identify and apply trauma support and healing strategies with cultural relevance. For more information and call MCOE Education Services at 415-499-5870 for registration information.
Please view the linked flyer provided for more information, including registration details, for the final session of the Sensemaking Before Calculations seminar series.
A free countywide series designed for district teams to work collaboratively in the development of a strategic plan to meet the unique needs of all student groups through effective stakeholder engagement while aligning funds appropriately toward goals. Two opportunities remain: March 11 and April 3, 2020. Call 415-499-5870 to register.