Accessible Resources for Student Learning
The following resources are recommendations to support the continuity of teaching and learning for schools in the K-12 setting in the event of extended student absence or school dismissal. For additional guidance, please see the U.S. Department of Education's Recommendations concerning this topic.
Multiple Content Areas
- KHAN Academy
- Platform provides K-12 students with tutorials and practice problems for mathematics, history, and arts.
- Parents will need to create a user name and password.
- All subject matter is organized for use in the form of high quality videos that are pulled from all subject areas.
- Learn Zillion and EL Education
- Variety of online, interactive, and hands-on activities for grades K-12 students for math, reading, and writing.
- IXL - Daily Skills Exercises
- Using the free version, grades K-12 students have access to daily skills practice for math, reading, writing, science, and history. There is also Spanish practice!
- PBS Education
- Mix of media tools to support student learning in reading and writing using current events for grades K-12.
- NRich Maths , NZ Maths
- K-12 math skills practice.
- YouCubed - Student Resources
- Challenge problem solving and perseverance with these math activities. Some are numerical, some use the arts, all engage critical thinking for grades K-12.
- Cal Academy - Interactives
- Using media tools like video, games, and simulations, explore how our world works for grades K-12.
- Coding - Scratch
- Develop coding skills by learning Scratch. Access to different levels of coding.
- Exploratorium - Science Snacks
- Hands-on activities that one can do from home, using supplies often found in the kitchen, while exploring the phenomena of our world for grades K-12.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium - Student Learning
- Using live cams, video field trips, and simulations, k-12 students dig into ocean ecosystems and develop an understanding of what their role is to protect it.
- NASA - Student Tools
- Participate in a flight simulation or ask questions from what the world looks like from the space station for grades 4-12.
- National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration - NOAA - Kid Learning
- Using digital media, data sets, and podcasts, explore the oceans that NOAA researches and preserves.
- Smithsonian - Learning Lab
- Using digital media, investigate artifacts around history, science, peoples of today and past, and much more. Best for grades 3-12.
- California State Parks
- Plan the next vacation by learning about California State Parks. Supports science and history standards for grades 2-12.
California Department of Education
- California Department of Education Teaching and Learning
- Shares the content standards with suggested resources to support grades TK-12 learning.
- California Department of Education - Students
- Targets grades 6 to 12 with career pathway websites and questions to think about learning next steps.
- The Marin County Office of Education has collaborated with the districts to collect online learning resources on a padlet.
- Novato USD Remote Learning Library
- Visit your school's website for access to the curriculum links and the online learning websites that the district is using with their students.
- KHAN Academy