Attached you will find forms to be completed at the annual organizational meeting of your governing board. Under Education Code section 35143, the organizational meeting must be held on a day in a 15-day window period that commences with December 11, 2020, which is the second Friday in December and continues through December 25, 2020 as reviewed in the attached Legal Update from School and College Legal Services. In accordance with section 9 of the Education Code, since December 25 is a holiday, the 15-day period terminates on December 26, 2020. Please see the attached documents outlined below:
- Certificate of Election of Oficers of Governing Board: Please designate the newly elected President, Vice President (optional), District Clerk, and Trustee Representative/Member, Marin County School Boards Association Board of Directors. Please return the completed card to the Marin County Office of Education.
- State of California Registry of Public Agencies Form: The Registry of Public Agencies form is to be filled out after your organizational meeting. Please return the completed form to the Marin County Office of Education for distribution.
- Trustee Signature Form: If you have new board members, please fill out and have them sign this card. Please return the completed card to the Marin County Office of Education.
- Updated Trustee Contact Information: Please forward any updates regarding contact information for your board members to our office. You can email them to email@example.com.
The County Superintendent's Office would greatly appreciate receiving your materials by December 17, 2020 so that we are able to meet the requirements for submission to the Secretary of State. Please contact that office if you have questions or you need additional information - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-499-5801. Thank you.
Attached in Spanish and English, please see the updated information that the Marin County Office of Education forwards each year related to managing issues of immigration at our campuses and administrative offices. Please let MCOE know if you have questions or if you would like assistance in any way.
Dr. Santora of the Marin County Public Health Department has kindly furnished the attached Guided Return to Site-Based Classroom Instruction. Please feel free to share out with our communities.
Attached is the 2020-21 Countywide School District Calendar.
Attached is the Marin County 2020-21 High School Graduation Calendar.
There is still time to register for the Leader of Leaders seminar series designed for Educators. This series takes a deep dive into the conversation of racial equity and is specifically designed to help educators deconstruct often unconscious personal biases and beliefs, develop the knowledge and skills to challenge them when they arise, thereby moving closer to systemic equity transformation. Educators will engage in a series of personally reflective exercises, thought provoking dialogue and race-centered instruction supporting their ability to serve as equity leaders in their school communities. Please refer to the attached flyer for registration and other information about this series.
If you were not able to join the Confronting Online Antisemitism webinar on October 1st, a recording of that conversation is now available at this link. All resources discussed throughout the webinar are attached here.
Through our partnerships with the Jewish Family & Children’s Services Holocaust Center and the Anti-Defamation League, we are glad to share that this meaningful work will continue. Virtual workshops for students, parents, teachers, and school administrators are offered from November 2020 through April 2021 beginning in November with a Teacher Workshop on November 12th and an Administrator Workshop on November 18th. Attached are the flyers in both English and Spanish with additional information. Please share these opportunities with your staff.
There are simple steps we can all take today that will greatly increase our preparedness for when the next big earthquake strikes in our community.
- build an evacuation backpack
- make a family plan
- build a kit to be on your own for 5-7 days
- Emergency service contacts
Please take a few moments to review these resources. There is no time like the present to Get Ready, Marin! Please share this with all!
On October 20th (the time of this writing), PG&E activated its Emergency Operations Center (EOC) in preparation for another Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) event. Marin County appeared to remain unaffected at this time, but we know that outages in other communities can impact our staff. Please Check PG&E’s website for more specific information and to track outage updates.