Embark on synchronous learning experiences focused on the 5 Key Principles for Quality Distance Learning. Each 30-minute interactive learning session is followed by an optional 15-minute Q&A. Sessions are free and open to all educators. Participate in any or all sessions. Please see the attached flyer for registration information.
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020 - Student & Teacher Connection - Big Idea: Teacher Presence
- Wednesday, December 2, 2020 - Learning Structure and Sequence of Instruction - Big Idea: Accelerate Student Learning
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020 - Content Presentation - Big Idea: Learner Variability and UDL Design
- Wednesday, December 9, 2020 - Collaboration Opportunities - Big Idea: Exploring Collaborative Activities
- Tuesday, December 15, 2020 - Feedback Opportunities - Big Idea: Creating Feedback Opportunities
Talk Saves Lives - An Introduction to Suicide Prevention for Educators & Community Members - December 1, 3, and 8, 2020
Suicide can be prevented. This presentation will cover what we know about this leading cause of death, the most up-to-date research on prevention, and what we can all do to fight suicide. Participants will learn the common risk factors for suicide, how to spot the warning signs in others, and how to keep ourselves, our loved ones and those in our community safe. Participants will be empowered with tools to remain connected through the socially-connected yet physically-distant requirements. Talk Saves Lives will empower all participants to remain connected and help keep our communities safe in an ever-evolving COVID-19 environment. See the attached flyer for registration details and more information.
Presented via Live Zoom by Carl Corbin, General Counsel, School and College Legal Services. This interactive workshop will address sexual harassment and abusive conduct prevention in the educational setting. It will include harassment based on gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation. Please refer to the attached flyer for more information on this seminar which is at no cost to Marin County School District employees.
Author DB Bedford will be hosting a discussion on Emotional Intelligence on December 10, 2020 from 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm and January 14, 2021 from 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm (choose one). By way of storytelling, this virtual community event will take participants through the four fundamentals of Emotional Intelligence to help support and improve work and personal/family relationships during these extraordinary times. Please refer to the attached flyer for registration and more details.
All adult members of our school communities are invited to this no cost event! Please share this opportunity far and wide!
Pure Edge is offering six classes in December that encompass strategies to support social, emotional, and academic development through mindful movement and rest. Please refer to the attached flyer for more information and registration details.
- For High School Students: Learn breathing, mindful movement, and guided rest techniques to help you de-stress and relax! Learn how to help your body and brain access a state of calm. December 10th and December 17th, 2020
- For Parents/Guardians: Learn simple strategies to support your well-being! This session will look at how stress affects your body and nervous system, and introduce Breathe, Move, Rest Brain Breaks for self-care. December 8th and December 9th, 2020
- For Educators: Engage in breathing techniques, mindful movement, and guided relaxation strategies in the form of Breathe, Move, Rest Brain Breaks to promote Educator well being. December 9th and December 16th, 2020
Confronting Antisemitism Series II: Taking a Stand - Rescue and Resistance During the Holocaust - January-February 2021
Series II is an exploration of the heroic women who stood up to Nazi discrimination during the Holocaust.
Series III being held in March-April 2021, addresses Genocide Awareness. What are the patterns of genocide in history? How can our community come together in commemoration and activism?
To register or learn more, please refer to the attached flyers in both English and Spanish.
Youth In Arts is offering Student and Teacher courses "Move, Groove, and Grow!". Both courses are offered at no cost and meet Social Emotional Learning (SEL) objectives and core-competencies as well as National Core Arts Standards in Dance.
- Student Course: "Move, Groove, and Grow! My Thoughts and Feelings Through Movement". Ideal for K-4. Click here for information and registration.
- Teacher Course: "Move, Groove, and Grow! A Teacher's Resource for SEL. Ideal for teachers and administrators. Click here for information and registration.
- The "promotional" video for the Move, Groove, and Grow courses. Click here for video.