School to Career Virtual Job Shadow Program (VJS)
The School to Career Virtual Job Shadow Program consists of Zoom meetings, live guest speakers, and educational modules. During Fall and Spring, the program stretches over six weeks. Participating students complete a series of career exploration and readiness activities through a guided online platform.
Fall 2021 Virtual Job Shadow Program
October 4 - November 10, 2021
Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
---------> Apply here: bit.ly/MarinVJS
Click below for more details:
Highlights of the program:
- Complete career interests and workplace style assessments
- Access to unlimited job shadow and career advice videos*
- Live Zoom meetings twice a week for six weeks:
- Mondays and Wednesdays, from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- One-hour lessons on Mondays, one-hour guest speaker sessions on Wednesdays**
- Create a LinkedIn profile and professional resume
- Already have a LinkedIn and/or resume? No problem! We will help you add to it and make it more professional.
- Learn how to search for careers based on current labor market data and reports
- Explore postsecondary options and create a career plan and
- Earn a Virtual Job Shadow Certificate & up to 36 hours of School to Career credit
*Most videos have Spanish subtitles
**VJS students will participate in the BrightFutures Career Speaker Series during Wednesday speaker sessions. More information about the speaker series can be found here.
"This was an amazing program and website, I wish this was a class in school because of how valuable it is."
- Summer 2021 Virtual Job Shadow Student