2020-21 Classified School Employee of the Year (CSEY) Nominations are Open
The California Department of Education (CDE) has been actively working to ensure that it can provide the 2021 California School Recognition Programs (CSRP) during the challenges that have been created by the pandemic. With the implementation of the National Recognizing Inspiring School Employees (RISE) Award in 2020, and to keep the California CSEY Application in sync with the National RISE Application, a few changes have been made to the 2021 CSEY Application:
- The occupational specialties have been expanded from six(6) to nine(9)
- An entry requiring student demographics information has been included.
- The 2021 CSEY Application is being provided in a Snap Survey
County Offices of Education (COEs) and their local educational agencies are encouraged to print a copy of the application for review and to collect information for COE submission.
COEs nominating an employee for the 2021 CSEY Award should submit a completed CSEY application by Friday, April 16, 2021. Information about the 2021 CSEY Program, including the 2021 CSEY Application, can be found on the CDE CSEY Program web page .
Teach Pride, Reach Wide! The Spahr Center's Toolkit Release
Please join us for The Spahr Center’s release of a teacher and parent/guardian Toolkit for LGBTQ+ inclusive schools. A student panel will launch the workshop where the following will be discussed:
- Implementation of LGBTQ+ best practices;
- How to become an active ally to LGBTQ+ students;
- Guidance on advocating for LGBTQ+ students; and
- Lesson plans and other resources.
Thursday, March 11, 2021 from 4:00-5:00PM. Click here to register.
Session presented in English with simultaneous Spanish translation. Please join us and share with your educator and school family community!