THE MARIN SCHOOLS WELLNESS COLLABORATIVE
- OUR WORK...
The Marin County Schools Wellness Collaborative meets on a monthly basis to discuss best practices to enhance systems of support for adolescent health, mental health, substance use, and sexual health services within the school setting. Discussions center on prevention, intervention, postvention and professional development related to health and wellness for students in grades 6-12 within Marin County. The meetings serve as a forum for members of school mental health teams to share and discuss proven resources and/or areas of need with colleagues engaging in the same work. The ultimate goal of the Collaborative is to work towards the implementation of evidence-based practices for tiered interventions concerning student wellness within all of Marin County’s schools.
- INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MEMBER?
Membership consists of Mental Health and Wellness professionals from schools who serve grades 6-12 in Marin County. If you are interested in joining the Collaborative, please click the survey below. Please refer any questions to Michelle Drake, email@example.com.
WORKING TOGETHER TO FOSTER WELLNESS FOR MARIN COUNTY SCHOOL COMMUNITIES.
- OUR PURPOSE...
The Marin County Schools Wellness Collaborative is designed to accomplish all of the following:
- Provide connectedness to providers;
- Offer consultation concerning service delivery;
- Share resources, best practices and protocols to enhance the consistency of service delivery across districts;
- Increase knowledge and access to mental health/wellness services;
- Establish clear processes, information and implementation strategies to support the delivery of wellness services;
- Provide professional development opportunities;
- Identify professional development needs;
- Improve transition and coordination of care as students transition from 8th to 9th grade; and
- Unify wellness programming to the maximum extent possible.
- OUR STRUCTURE...
The Marin County Schools Team Collaborative works closely works closely with the Marin Schools Wellness Collaborative to carry out Strategy 6 of the Marin County Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan focusing on safe and healthy school campuses. This Strategy also helps to fulfill the California State school mandates AB-2246 Pupil suicide prevention policies and the AB-1767 Pupil suicide prevention policies.
The purpose of the Schools Team is to provide key recommendations addressing training and education for suicide prevention, social emotional learning (SEL) tiered support, and screening and risk assessment for mental health and suicidality. The Schools Team also addresses coordination of services and referrals to increase mental health supports and shares feedback on youth led suicide prevention activities.
The Marin County Wellness Collaborative works closely with the Marin County Schools Team Collaborative as well as the Marin County Suicide Prevention Collaborative to carry out Strategy 6 of the Marin County Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan. Strategy 6 focuses on fostering a safe and healthy environment on all school campuses. Strategy 6 also helps to fulfill the California State school mandates AB-2246 Pupil suicide prevention policies and the AB-1767 Pupil suicide prevention policies.