2020-21 Classified School Employee of the Year (CSEY) Nominations are Open
The California Department of Education (CDE) has been actively working to ensure that it can provide the 2021 California School Recognition Programs (CSRP) during the challenges that have been created by the pandemic. With the implementation of the National Recognizing Inspiring School Employees (RISE) Award in 2020, and to keep the California CSEY Application in sync with the National RISE Application, a few changes have been made to the 2021 CSEY Application:
- The occupational specialties have been expanded from six(6) to nine(9)
- An entry requiring student demographics information has been included.
- The 2021 CSEY Application is being provided in a Snap Survey
County Offices of Education (COEs) and their local educational agencies are encouraged to print a copy of the application for review and to collect information for COE submission.
COEs nominating an employee for the 2021 CSEY Award should submit a completed CSEY application by Friday, April 16, 2021. Information about the 2021 CSEY Program, including the 2021 CSEY Application, can be found on the CDE CSEY Program web page .
Teach Pride, Reach Wide! The Spahr Center's Toolkit Release
Please join us for The Spahr Center’s release of a teacher and parent/guardian Toolkit for LGBTQ+ inclusive schools. A student panel will launch the workshop where the following will be discussed:
- Implementation of LGBTQ+ best practices;
- How to become an active ally to LGBTQ+ students;
- Guidance on advocating for LGBTQ+ students; and
- Lesson plans and other resources.
Thursday, March 11, 2021 from 4:00-5:00PM. Click here to register.
Session presented in English with simultaneous Spanish translation. Please join us and share with your educator and school family community!
2020-21 Second Interim Budget Work Sessions
We have scheduled a series of budget workshops to provide a professional learning network opportunity for business officials and their staff focused on second interim budget preparation.
2020-21 Second Interim Reports
Second Interim Reports are due to the Marin County Office of Education on or before March 17, 2021. We will conclude our review with letters to Board Presidents on April 17, 2021.
Marin County 2020-21 Common Message
To view or download the Marin County Common Message Second Interim 2020-21.
Marin County Office of Education Property Tax Estimates
The County of Marin has released the 2021-22 property tax estimates as of February 26, 2021. This information has been shared with the District Business Officials.
- 107911 Marin County Office of Education 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107051 Bolinas Stinson School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107171 Kentfield School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107191 Laguna Joint Elementary School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107211 Lagunitas Elementary School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107231 Larkspur Corte Madera School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107251 Lincoln School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107291 Mill Valley Elementary School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107111 Miller Creek Elementary School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107311 Nicasio Elementary School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107651 Novato Unified School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107351 Reed Union School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107371 Ross School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107891 Ross Valley School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107451 San Rafael Elementary School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107741 San Rafael High School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107471 Sausalito Marin City School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107641 Shoreline Unified School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
- 107761 Tamalpais Union High School District 2021-22 Property Tax Estimates
SAVE THE DATE 7th Annual Property Tax Forum - May 6, 2021
Marin County Office of Education will be hosting its 7th Annual Property Tax Forum on May 6, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.. via Zoom. Click on this link for more information.
2019-20 Audit Reports
The 2019-20 Audited financial statements are due to the Marin County Office of Education on or before March 31, 2021. We will commence our review in April with notices to CBOs and Superintendents to resolve any findings or recommendations.
California School Reopening Dashboard
All districts have successfully entered their data into the CA School Reopening Dashboard as well as subsequent weeks since the initial upload on January 25, 2021. As a reminder this upload will be required every other week with the next submission March 8, 2021. This requirement is in response to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) order CDPH order from January 14, 2021 requiring all LEAs (as well as charter and private schools) to submit data on how student instruction is being provided.
Early Childhood Education
Professional Learning Community for Leaders in ECE - March 5
Fridays | 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Race, Math, Identity & UDL Series - March 3
Wednesdays | 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Assessment Data is Available
Senate Bill (SB) 98 (Chapter 24, Statutes of 2020) suspended the reporting of state and local indicators on the 2020 California School Dashboard (Dashboard). However, the statute requires that available data that would have been included in the Dashboard are reported on the CDE’s website if they are determined to be valid and reliable. On February 17, 2021 the California Department of Education (CDE) released a New Data Report on DataQuest. Click here for the DataQuest Update Issue #8
The following reports are now available:
2019–20 Four-Year Adjusted Cohort Graduation Rate (ACGR) and Outcome Reports
- Four-Year Adjusted Cohort Graduation Rate
- Four-Year Adjusted Cohort Outcomes
2019–20 Five-Year Cohort Graduation Rates and Outcome Reports
- Five-Year Cohort Graduation Rate
- Five-Year Cohort Outcomes
- Five-Year and Four-Year Cohort Graduation Rate Comparison
2019–20 Suspension Reports
- Suspension Rate
- Suspension Rate (with County, District, or School Data)
- Suspension Count by Most Serious Offense Category
- Suspension Count by Most Serious Offense Category (with County, District, or School Data)
2019–20 Graduation Rate Additional Report
- Combined Four- and Five-Year Rates for Comprehensive High Schools
- One-Year Dashboard Alternative School Status (DASS) Graduation Rates
2019–20 College/Career Indicator Data
- College/Career Indicator (CCI)
Professional Development Opportunities
- Teacher Pride, Reach Wide! The Spahr Center’s Toolkit for LGBTQ+ Inclusive Schools: Workshop for educators, Parent/Guardians and community can be found on the Teach Pride, Reach Wide webpage.
- Equity 2 Transformation (E2T): The next Equity 2 Transformation session with Lori Watson is scheduled for March 16 – 17, 2021 from 1:00pm to 5:00 p.m.. This two- day session is intended for those interested in beginning to deepen their work around the idea of Race and Racism and its impact on students and student learning. Click on this link for more information and/or to register.
- The Color of Law with Richard Rothstein – March 18, 2021 from 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. This session is open to students, staff, and community and will look at the role American housing policies have across America’s cities that have acted to racially divide communities. Click on this link for more information and/or to register.
- The Cal SAAS Credential Review will be held on March 22, 2021 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. This workshop is designed to support district Human Resources (HR) employees and school site principals help navigate Core schedules, STEM/STEAM courses, CTE credentials, and Wheel electives. Participants will learn the latest information for designing master schedules and ensuring educators are properly aligned to their students. Click here to register for this workshop.
- The Marin County Public Schools Teacher Virtual Job Fair will be held on Thursday, March 18, 2021 from 4:30pm- 6:00pm. This event is designed for new and seasoned teachers to make connections with Marin County Public School districts and preschools and learn some tips and tricks about applying for teaching jobs. Click on this link for more information and/or to register.
Health & Wellness
California Department of Education Weekly COVID 19 Updates
Following are the weekly COVID-19 updates for the month of February 2021, from California State Superintendent of Public Instruction, Tony Thurmond:
Legislation / JLAC
Executive Order Clarification Prohibits Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation
On January 20, 2021, President Biden issued an executive order addressing last year’s U.S. Supreme Court decision, which held that Title VII prohibited employers from discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
Local Control & Accountability Plan (LCAP)
Our LCAP team has held multiple sessions with district teams covering the following topics: 2019-20 and 20-21 Annual updates and Stakeholder Engagement requirements and best practices. The next team session will be held on March 23, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Additional Technical Assistance sessions are available for district teams to schedule in March and April with the LCAP team on the following days/ times:
- March 4 – 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- March 10 – 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- March 11 - 9:00 to 10:00 a.m.
- March 17 - 11:00 to 12:00 a.m.
- March 18 – 8:00 to 9:00 a.m.
- March 24 – 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- March 25 – 9:00 to 10:00 a.m.
- March 31 – 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- April 1 – 9:00 to 10:00 a.m.
- April 7 – 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- April 14 – 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- April 15 – 9:00 to 10:00 a.m.
- April 22 - 9:00 to 10:00 a.m.
Special Education / SELPA
Diagnostic Center: Treating Trauma - March 12, 2021 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Participants will learn how to use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy interventions to support students who have experienced trauma, and how to utilize evidence-based treatment methods in the school setting.
Speech Pathology Group: Teaching Evidence Based Vocabulary Intervention Techniques from the Young Child through Adolescence (4 Part Series). Participants will learn how to foster vocabulary in the young child and prepare a framework to teach vocabulary.
- Part 1 March 22, 2021 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Part 2 March 24, 2021 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Part 3 March 29, 2021 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Part 4 March 31, 2021 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Special Circumstances Assistance Part 3 - March 16, 2021 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Participants will learn how to monitor progress on an SCA and develop a fade plan.