One of the best methods for students to learn about organizations and occupations is to talk to professionals working in specific industry sectors. Informational interviewing and networking are critical steps in any effective job search. The purpose of an informational interview is to obtain information and learn as much as possible about occupations and industries.
Benefits of Informational Interviews
- To explore career options and to clarify career goals
- To gather the information needed to choose or refine a career pathway
- To find out if the student has the skills and qualifications to succeed in an industry sector
- To build confidence for job interviews
- To expand the students’ network of professional contacts
Marin County Office of Education is currently developing program tools for schools to use.
For more information, contact email@example.com