Health and Wellness
- Marin County Schools Updated Measles Information
- School Health Manual
- School Wellness Promotion
- Partners and Resources
- Health/Wellness Surveys
- Multimedia Health Training
- Communicable Diseases: Exposure Notices/Fact Sheets
- Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- Press Release
Health and Wellness
Return to Headlines
Policy Development and Revision
- Student Wellness: A Healthy Food and Physical Activity Policy Resources Guide: Developed by the California School Boards Association and California Project LEAN, and updated 2012, this guide provides school governance leaders with a step-by-step approach to enhance the school environment. The Guide outlines the link between nutrition, physical activity and learning; addresses the health status of children; highlights school districts offering healthy foods and beverages; offers recommendations for a comprehensive nutrition/physical activity policy; and provides sample policies.
You may also purchase a hard copy by clicking here.
- From Policy to Action: Steps to Implementing Your Local Wellness Policy: Developed by the Minnesota Department of Education, it outlines five steps to implementing policy including team building, assessment, developing and implementing an action plan, evaluating, and updating progress. Features examples for each component of the wellness policy with sample goals, objectives, action steps, indicators, measurement tools, data collection methods, and communication strategies.
- Policy in Action: A Guide to Implementing Your Local School Wellness Policy: Developed by the California Project LEAN (Leaders Encouraging Activity and Nutrition),this is a roadmap to implementing school nutrition and physical activity policies. Includes an implementation plan.
- Action for Healthy Kids has a searchable database of local school wellness policy resources targeted by audience and topic area.
- Creating Local School Wellness Policy: Developed by Wisconsin Department of Public Health, this contains a chart showing 2010 required elements of the policy with suggested implementation activities.