Health and Wellness
- Marin County Schools Updated Measles Information
- School Health Manual
- School Wellness Promotion
- Partners and Resources
- Health/Wellness Surveys
- Multimedia Health Training
- Communicable Diseases: Exposure Notices/Fact Sheets
- Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- Press Release
Health and Wellness
Return to Headlines
Guidance on Involvement and Advocacy
- After school and Health: Opportunities for Advocacy: Compiled by the After School Alliance, this online guide highlights opportunities for afterschool leaders and advocates to get involved in developing and implementing local school wellness policy.
- How to Enforce a Wellness Policy: A Guide for Parents and Community Advocates: Developed by Change Lab Solutions (formerly N-Plan), this fact sheet is designed to help parents and community advocates ensure that their district’s policy is enforced.
- Parents in Action! A Guide to Engaging Parents in Local School Wellness Policy and its companion lesson, Parent Lesson Plans: Advocating for Healthier School Environments: Developed by California Project LEAN (Leaders Encouraging Activity and Nutrition) this guide helps stakeholders engage parents in local school wellness policy.
- Playing the Policy Game: Developed by the California Project LEAN (Leaders Encouraging Activity and Nutrition), this is a toolkit that teens can use with adult guidance to make nutrition and physical activity policy changes.
- PTA Healthy Lifestyle for Parents: Developed by the California State Parent and Teachers Association Health Commission, provides guidance to parents and also offers other resources on their webpage including model wellness policies.
- Health Fairs at Your Fingertips: Developed by the California State Parent and Teachers Association, is a guide for PTAs to organize a successful health fair.
- Parent Engagement: Strategies for Involving Parents in School Health: Developed by the Center for Disease Control, this describes strategies and actions for schools to increase parent engagement in positive student health behaviors.
- Parent Tool Kit: Developed by Action for Healthy Kids, this is a comprehensive resource for parents on how to engage school leaders in local school wellness policy.
- Building Healthy Communities: A School Leader’s Guide to Collaboration and Community Engagement: Developed by the California School Boards Association, this guide provides school leaders with the knowledge, resources and tools to develop collaborative solutions with community partners to create and sustain healthy communities. Includes case studies at each collaboration level.