- Superintendents' Day Report
- Marin County Superintendents' Resources
- School District Forums
- 2014 - 2015
- September 2014
- October 2014
- November 2014
- December 2014
- January 2015
- February 2015
- March 2015
- April 2015
- May 2015
- June 2015
California Preliminary Administrative Credential Exam Field Test
On behalf of the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) and the Evaluation Systems group of Pearson (the CTC's contractor), I am writing to request your assistance in the field test of the revised California Preliminary Administrative Credential Examination (CPACE). Passage of the CPACE can be used in lieu of completion of a school administration postgraduate preparation program toward meeting the requirements for the California Preliminary Administrative Services Credential. We are looking for California educators to participate in field testing of potential exam questions for the CPACE and would welcome your assistance. Below is information on the field testing initiative.
When and Where
- January 12, 2015: Registration for field test appointments opens avia the PearsonVue website.
- January 26, 2015: Computer-based field test sessions begin at Pearson VUE test centers across California.
- July 2015: First administration of the CPACE.
Incentives for Educators
- Up to $250 in Barnes & Noble e-gift codes ($50 per field test form completed; up to 5 forms may be completed)
- Up to $375 in California certification test registration vouchers ($75 per field test form; up to 5 forms may be completed)
- The opportunity to preview test questions that may appear on the CPACE
- Providing input on the development of the CPACE
- All non-administrative educators with at least three years of certificated experience in California schools (e.g., teachers, nurses, counselors, librarians) are eligible to participate in the field test.
- Faculty members teaching school administration courses and holders of a Preliminary, Clear, or Life Administrative Services Credential are not eligible.
How You Can Help
- Please forward this email to educators in your district and advertise within your district the availability of this field test.
Thank you for your support of the CTC and the re-development of the CPACE. If you have further questions about the CPACE or the field testing initiative, please feel free to send me an email or call me at the number listed below.
T: 866-613-3279 (toll free)