- Superintendents' Day Report
- Marin County Superintendents' Resources
- School District Forums
- 2014 - 2015
- September 2014
- October 2014
- November 2014
- December 2014
- January 2015
- February 2015
- March 2015
- April 2015
- May 2015
- June 2015
Return to Headlines
Senate Bill 858 – TK information on pages 43-44
California Preschool Learning Foundations
Education Services - February - Transitional Kindergarten Support
Senate Bill 858 (Chapter 32, Statutes of 2014), approved by the Governor June 20, 2014, made the following changes to EC 48000 related to Transitional Kindergarten.
- It is the intent of the Legislature that TK curriculum be aligned to CDE's California Preschool Learning Foundations
- By August 1, 2020, teachers assigned to TK classrooms must have one of the following:
- At least 24 units in early childhood education, or child development, or both.
- As determined by the LEA employing the teacher, professional experience in a classroom setting with preschool age children that is comparable to the 24 units of education described in item 1.
- A child development permit issued by the CTC.