- Superintendents' Day Report
- Marin County Superintendents' Resources
- School District Forums
- 2014 - 2015
- September 2014
- October 2014
- November 2014
- December 2014
- January 2015
- February 2015
- March 2015
- April 2015
- May 2015
- June 2015
Return to Headlines
General - Transitional Kindergarten Teacher Requirements - Updates
Below are updates regarding Transitional Kindergarten requirements.
- Can a teacher be "grandfathered in" to teach TK without meeting additional requirements if they have taught any TK student prior to July 1, 2015? Yes
- May a teacher be "grandfathered in," if they have had a lapse in their TK teaching assignment? Yes, they may be "grandfathered" in as long as they were assigned at any time prior to July 1, 2015 and they continue to have a valid teaching credential.
- May teachers who are hired and assigned to teach TK for the upcoming school year be "grandfathered in", as long as they are assigned to teach TK prior to July 1, 2015? Yes, the LEA just needs to formally assign the teacher prior to July 1, 2015.
- How should LEAs document and keep records for teachers assigned to teach TK after July 1, 2015? The LEA of the credentialed teacher will follow the local process for personnel record keeping and will ensure the new TK teacher requirements are being met.
Information gathered from Kathleen Halvorson, CDE email@example.com | (916) 323-4629. You can also visit the California Department of Education Transitional Kindergarten website for additional information.